Until you hang upon such a cross, you won't know a thing about laughter or loss...and you don't believe me now, but you will...you will, you wil you will you will...you will, you will - Titus Andronicus

Hey All, Best Read This First:



G
reetings and a warm welcome to my blog.


First things first

This blog contains words and references offensive to those who never made it through the maturation process.

The intellectually and psychologically impaired will find nothing here to enjoy.


If this applies to you, dear reader, you're welcome, and strongly encouraged to leave now. No hard feelings on my part.

I'm trying to make this clear to the 'boo hoo brigade". If you CANNOT grasp this simple concept. This page is NOT FOR YOU

REPEAT: WARNING:
BLACK IRONY. NASTY SELF PISS TAKING HUMOUR. FUCK OFF NOW IF YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS. I WON'T MIND. EVER.

*PS: I'm pro Palestinian, pro animal rights in a way that pisses many people off. You should consider fucking off now if you object to this kind of thing.

Cheers Kiddies.

Belladonna



PS This blog is not really fit for human consumption, it's best read as it was written, drunk on vodka or otherwise high as a kite...Enjoy...



5.3.10

If Music Means More than Life, Something's Wrong


Hello, the title from this post comes from a song called "Something's Wrong", the song has some funny lines but I simply can't agree with this one.


What fascinates me about all art is that it's a pure symbolic statement of the psychological constitution of a society. If you look at the art of pre literate societies such as the Medieval and Renaissance West, you can see this is true.

Also so called "primitive" art and "folk art" has an intensity and concentration that can't be found in the art of literate societies, we no longer think in symbols, but words. It explains why we no longer build Gothic Cathedrals or Baroque or Rococo palaces. Instead we build phallic rationalist statements of concrete, glass and steel. No humanity involved there. Minimalism is elegant, but it also, I believe, minimizes our imagination and humanity. It's just what I think. I'm a conservative reactionary in many ways.

Finally, I want to point out that the architects of the Medieval, Renaissance and Rococo age were also artists, which explains a lot.

Anyway to music. I don' think that there's a problem if one prefers music to life, I really don't. Music reconnects us to those feelings that find no articulation in the oppressive piss and vinegar of everyday life. It makes us respond in a purely emotionally way, those feelings are of happiness, sadness, recognition that drives out alienation, at least for a while or simply pure longing for the things lost forever. Music is life, not a substitute for it. Not for nothing is it called the "International Language" If I was forced to the choice, I would give up heroin for music anyday. Anyday at all.
But then I probably have a powerful response to sound.
Anyway, fortunately, I'm not required to choose between either of the loves of my life in fact, they synthesize beautifully for me: here are my favourite tracks to get high to:

Not an Addict (Actually makes me crave heroin) "The deeper you stick it in your vein, the deeper the thoughts, there's no more pain"

Handel's Brockes Passion (My favourite, it's stunning, the sequence that begins with "O
Donnerwort, O schrecklich schreien") the ultimate shooting up music (smack) it's the perfect tension between hyper beauty and hyper tragedy

So Fast, So Numb (REM) esp for speed "You're drinking raw adrenal baby...Shock eyed, boy your blood is running cold..."

E Bow the Lette (REM) for smack. Brilliant "I'll take you over"

Pole Star (Tibetan Tea Party) (Smack, weed)

Bell's Ring (Mazzy Star) (Smack)

Handel's Saul (Heroin) Just stunning

Britcka (Heroin) Pure Wild, divorced from all the mediocrity of suburban life

Junky (Lynyrd Skynyrd) "Can't remember things I used to know ...take another hit, Lord, here I go"

Gimme Back my Bullets (Lynyrd Skynyrd) "Ain't foolin' around cos I done had my fun..."

Wake UP Bomb (REM) perfect for shooting up. So ironic."I get high on my attitude"

You Really should try them, they are awesome songs

Well, that's what gets me through the night, and that's alright by me.

Have a grand weekend coming up. I will, I always do. I'm a little dumbed down on valium, so nothing too profound here. But let me add, I never hid the fact that this blog was underpinned by the above mentioned team behind the blog.

Not all of this blog will be devoted to illicit drugs. But I'm just in the mood lately, and it's my blog, so I aim to enjoy it. :)

I had to bail a friend out of jail tonight, so I took two valium as I do not like police. I've taken him to an internet cafe to get some food into him while I drivel away on this blog with my ipod clamped to my ears. I don't think you can get more detached than that.

Cheers and Amen

PS: if anyone listens to these on blip and enjoys them, I'd only be too happy to send them the music files.


The accompanying picture shows a work of art by a late medieval German sculptor Riemenschneider. He was magnificent.